Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy
Health enhancing benefits of the sun… In Your Home
Red light works by producing a biochemical effect in cells that strengthens the mitochondria (the powerhouse of the cell where energy is created).
This energy that is created is called ATP (adenosine triphosphate).
By increasing the function of the mitochondria with Red Light Therapy, cells can make more ATP (energy),
function more efficiently, rejuvenate themselves and repair damage.
This is some of the same benefit of being exposed to sunlight even for only 15 – 30 minutes daily. Something hardly anyone does … anymore these days.
Our cells are essentially given an energy boost when they absorb light, specifically red wavelengths at 660 nm and near-infrared wavelengths at 850 nm.
Studies have shown these specific wavelengths enable our cells to perform critical functions at a higher level – leading to enhanced ATP production,
reduced oxidative stress, enhanced immune system function, increased collagen production, faster muscle recovery, and a whole lot more.
LED (Light Emitting Diode) Light Therapy is an innovative treatment that is based on important research by NASA. This research shows that certain frequencies of light significantly promote wound healing and human tissue growth, stimulate collagen production, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
LED Light Therapy can be used on all skin types.
There is evidence that suggests Red Light Therapy may have the following benefits:
- promotes wound healing and tissue repair
- improves hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia
- help for the short-term treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- stimulates healing of slow-healing wounds, like diabetic foot ulcers
- reduces psoriasis lesions
- aids with short-term relief of pain and morning stiffness in people with rheumatoid arthritis
- reduces some of the side effects of cancer treatments, including oral mucositis
- improves skin complexion and builds collagen to diminish wrinkles
- helps to mend sun damage
- prevents recurring cold sores from herpes simplex virus infections
- improves the health of joints in people with degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee
- helps diminish scars
- relieves pain and inflammation in people with pain in the Achilles tendons
This breakthrough technology does not use heat or any kind of “invasive” process but triggers the body to convert light energy into cell energy without thermal heat.
LED Light Therapy is non-invasive, causes no inflammation, and requires no special post-treatment procedures.
Two Types of LED Light Therapy
Red light therapy benefits are vast and include enhancements to cellular metabolism, acceleration of the repair of damaged skin cells, improvement of the skin’s firmness and resilience, reduction of fine lines, redness, age spots, sun damage and superficial hyperpigmentation. Red light for face treatments are proven to be
an effective treatment for aging skin as well as conditions such as Rosacea and other skin conditions.
Results are Often Immediate
The Blue LED light treatment attacks PP-9 or Prophryn, a compound generated by the P. acne bacteria which is photosensitive creating
a lessening and soothing effect on Acne, producing singlet oxygen (ozone). This form of oxygen is very toxic to the bacteria that cause acne
which therefore decreases acne drastically with absolutely no downtime.
Benefits for Facial Beauty & Health
- Reduce pore size
- Increase skin’s moisture retention & elasticity
- Improve sun-damaged skin
- Restore skin’s youthful radiance and appearance
- Increase in collagen
- Reduction of redness, flushing & dilated capillaries
Whole Body Health Benefits
- Skin Health
- Muscle Recovery
- Joint Pain
WATCH: Does Red Light Therapy Really Work?